March 26, 2018 1 Comment
Today I want to discuss the importance of taking care of yourself. It's imperative y'all. Guys ... no, girls, we have our plates full and carry a lot around on our shoulders each week. You know it's true! As much as we pray over the stress and the anxiety that we so badly want to release -- it's inevitably there. It's there morning, noon, and night 7 days a week usually. I encourage you to take Sundays -- or rather just an hour or two on Sundays if you can spare it and TAKE. CARE. OF. YOURSELF.
If you're like me, you can't afford a bunch of professional grooming, but my Sunday ritual for a long time has been this: facial, wax my eyebrows, at home manicures and pedicures, whiten my teeth ... you know all the teenage girl slumber party activities. These things are good for you. They make you feel great, refreshed, relaxed ... pretty!
No, I don't have time to do everything I listed, but I make time for some of it. Sometimes, life gets so heavy that you deserve an entire day off. Lock yourself in a room and just focus on yourself, your health, your happiness. You deserve it.
Here are some of my favorite products:
1) Biore strips - we don't have to talk about it but we all have blackheads. End of story.
2) Handmade Peppermint Foot Soak, Scrub, and Body Butter (from my momma). She found great recipes for these on Pinterest. Lots of sources out there for those.
3) Crest Whitestrips - only don't use them too often or you will get severe tooth aches. I think I do them once every two - three weeks
4) My most favorite face masque is from Sally's Beauty. It's mint julep. It does tingle quite a bit but I always feel amazing after.
5) Jergen's Natural Glow Lotion - I'm not a fan of a tanning bed. I do occasionally spray tan but I find this lotion works amazing for a tan on a budget.
6) OPI nail polishes - I NEVER pay full price. TJ Maxx and Marshall's are my favorites sources for these.
I hope y'all take this to heart and realize you deserve time to relax and maintenance. Life is busy, but I promise there's time. I choose Sundays, because I feel like it better prepares me to begin a new week refreshed and ready!
Comments will be approved before showing up.